Dynamike does a pretty fair amount of direct damage to areas on the battlefield. This can be very useful as a support player, especially in objective based game modes like Heist & Smash & Grab. He can deal loads of damage to grouped up opponents, and he can control an area very well provided that he has distractions (like his teammates) in the area, but the second Dynamike is alone… it gets very lonely for him. Like a bleeding fish in shark infested waters, he will quickly be pressured and overcome by force. Dynamike has very similar abilities to Barley, who in most cases is the superior area splash character. Check out Barley’s guide also!
When upgrading your brawler, it is best to prioritize certain areas over others. Below is the priority for upgrading Dynamike.
- 1. attack
- 2. super
- 3. health
- Dynamike can do loads of damage to an AREA. Key distinction... AREA.
- Because Dynamike is so strong at dealing damage to an area, he can easily lock down and control areas of the map.
- Dynamike is a very strong character when posturing defensively.
- #1 advantage that Dynamike has over most other Brawlers is that he doesn’t need line of sight to deal damage to his enemies. He simply needs to be in range.
- Dynamike’s super is very strong and deals a lot of direct damage to a significant radius around its detonation spot.
- Big Barrel o’ Boom can also destroy walls & cover… this is a distinction that not many of the brawlers have, so being able to open up new passageways, or offer your team mates line of sight to hiding opponents is very valuable.
- Dynamike is a master at making key staging areas in objective based play inaccessible due to damage.
- Dynamike does not deal damage to targets, so it is quite difficult to land damage sometimes as your opponent can fake you out to move in another direction.
- Dynamike’s primary attack is usually dodgeable because it is quite slow.
- Dynamike has low HP and is also very weak to melee characters because he has to move to run away but also must drop dynamite to try and stop the aggressor. It almost rarely happens. There is a buffer area with Dynamike that he makes difficult to cross because of his ability to move and drop bombs right in your path, BUT once across, he’s almost certainly dead meat.
Tips & Tactics
- Lob all 3 of your initial attacks into the popular staging area towards the middle of a team map. You’ll likely kill the weaker HP brawlers and damage everyone else significantly enough to force retreat.
- Use your Super to uncover hiding foes.
- Make sure you attempt to lead your opponent into cover with your primary.
- Dynamike is an objective player, and an assist guy… make sure you’re always on the look out for what an enemy HAS to duck for cover due to the pressure that one of your ranged attacker is putting on them. Make sure you’ve got a nice stick of dynamite waiting for them when they arrive.
- Use your abilities as a buffer to buy time for your retreating teammates when the end of round timers are active.
- If you’re able to sneak up within range of a choke point or oblivious enemy brawler… get a nice spread on your dynamite (think Olympic Rings - where they overlap the damage is extreme), so you can be sure to get SOME damage in on the enemy before they get out of dodge.
- Be on the lookout for opportunities during Heist to sneak in and deal a lot of damage to the safe. You will not need line of sight to the safe in order to deal damage, so just check those bombs over the wall and get outta there!