Hey, Brawlers! I’m here to discuss the best way to gain trophies in all the maps in the game mode: Showdown.
Feast Or Famine
Feast Or Famine is a do or die set up. Although it is tempting, DO NOT go to the middle. There is a very small chance that you get all those boxes and if you do it will be hard to get out of the chaos when there are so many other people going after you.
Starting the game
In the beginning of this map you want to go to the outside and get those 1 or 2 boxes. It is also a mind game, as if another player sees you have collected boxes he immediately knows you are strong.
- This is the best bush by far in this map. Start on the outside bushes and move your way in as the poison comes.
- This is a good bush. When the poison comes, you should go around the wall and hide in that 1 bush.
- This bush is not ideal. Other players can see over the wall if they stand on the other side. Not a lot of escape plans either.
- This bush is excellent. When the poison is very close to the center quickly move to the main middle bush without being noticed.
- This bush is ok. Also move to the middle quickly.
- This is not ideal. Try move to the bush below.
- This bush is good as you are closer to the middle than if you were in the other bushes.
- This is the second-best bush in this map. Start around the back for a great escape plan.
- This is a great bush. Start in the far outside bush and move your way in.
NEVER EVER GO TO THE MIDDLE IN THIS MAP. It is tricky escaping a ranged brawler in the top left zone because it is so open, stay cautious there. Avoid the upper right bushes as you can get trapped in the top right corner if a strong player is after you.
Skull Creek is a very rushed map. It is not horrible if you go to the middle for those boxes but be careful. Stay out of unnecessary fights at all costs, this map wants you to challenge others quickly for only 1 box.
Starting the game
Unlike Feast Or Famine, you want to get to the outskirts of the middle quickly. If you spawn on the left side of this map you have a huge advantage with bushes. If you spawn on the right side you have an advantage with boxes.
- This is the most important bush in this map. It is close to the middle and offers great escape if necessary.
- These bushes are just as important as they allow you to move around the group of bushes to scout. When the poison comes in move to the no.1 bush.
- This bush allows you to move to no.1 bush. This bush is very good for brawlers like Barley and Dynamike which can lob over this L shaped wall.
- This bush is ok but is very easy to get trapped by other players if they come close.
- This bush is close to the center which is great. The only downfall is that it is very easy for other brawlers to get channeled here when they are trying to escape others.
- Use this bush to get to the No.1 bush.
The middle is not as dangerous as Feast Or Famine but certainly can get you killed easily. The right side where those three boxes are is a bad idea. Often 3 players run here as they get greedy and it always ends up in 1 player getting killed and 1 running away. Be cautious when you collect those boxes at the bottom if you spawn there, especially if you’re using a brawler that cannot take out boxes very quickly.
Stormy Plains is easy to win if you stay away from those outside boxes. Those are traps. It is generally quite easy to get killed because of the shapes of the walls. They channel players to each other. This map also creates a lot of dead ends towards the end of the game when the poison comes in.
Starting the game
When you spawn in on this map make sure you don’t go after the boxes on the outsides. Shellys, Bulls and El Primos are most of the time waiting. Rush straight to the boxes in the middle and once you have collected a couple boxes find a suitable area to hide.
- This is quite an exposed bush but if the other players are on the other side of the map then this one of the best spots.
- This bush is good. It offers quite a bit of escape value.
- This bush is great as it allows brawlers like Dynamike and Barley to constantly irritate other players in the middle.
- This bush is ok as it allows you to escape either left or upwards if another player comes your way.
- This bush is ok. It only lacks a bit on the fact that it isn’t that close to the middle and allows you to get trapped
- This bush is not ideal. It gets you trapped pretty quickly.
Stay away from the outside of the map, especially at the beginning of the game. The middle is a lot safer than the outskirts.
Death Valley is absolutely the best map for gaining trophies. It’s just too easy with this simple strategy.
Starting the game
The first thing I want to highlight is that when you spawn on the outside, NEVER go in the bushes and try quickly get those two boxes. You have a huge advantage if you walk around the wall as shown in the picture and push the other player into that square. Keep stalling the other player until the poison comes. If he decides that he’s going to stay in the square then give him a hard time coming out. You should damage him when he comes out of that trap and he should run away. This is exactly what you want because this leaves you with an easy 3 or 4 boxes depending if you spawn on the sides or on the bottom or top.
- + 4.
These are the best bushes in the game. They both are right in the corners of the poison, meaning you stay out of others way very often and allow you to make it to 5 brawlers left 90% of the time.
- + 5.
These are great bushes as they synergize with no.1 and no.5 respectfully. You simply move inwards into these bushes as the game continues.
- + 6.
These bushes are great if you can’t get to the better bushes. When the poison comes over these bushes don’t rush towards the other bushes, there is a very good chance that there are other players there. What you should rather do is inch your way with the poison. This way you are out of sight of the players in the middle.
Avoid the sides of the map where there is a long strip of bushes. You will get surprised by a Bull, Primo or Shelly. Be careful in the left and right sides of the map as the players that spawn in the middle sometimes go to those 4 boxes. Do not go to the middle bottom or middle top of the map as you can get trapped here, especially at the later stages of the game.